Saturday, March 30, 2013

Learning Goals, Progress and Successes

Posted by Lisa Anne Weathers at 12:36 AM
I am in the process of reading The Art and Science of Teaching by Marzano. 




(In my district, Marzano wrote the bible of teaching)  It is a great book and I am getting great information.  I am a little overwhelmed by all the information that is whirling around in my head.  I want to implement EVERYTHING, but I know I won't be able to implement it across all three of my preps.  I am going to try to get some of the things started in my Biology class.  

One basic question that the book answers is "What will I do to establish and communicate learning goals, track student progress and celebrate success?"  That is what I am going to focus on.

In my Biology class, we are going to start working on Punnett Squares.  (I love PSs!!!) and I have picked out 3 learning goals that we are going to focus on.  I am going to create a learning goal sheet that each student will get, and track his or her process on. I am not sure how I am going to do this yet, but I will post a pic as soon as I get it created.  One thing working against me is that I have to have it done by Tuesday, and it is early Saturday morning.  I am glad that Monday is a holiday!!   

I hope each of you have a wonderful and blessed Easter Sunday!!  Praise God for his Son!!  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Love All Teaching Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea