Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Dreams & Fears

Posted by Lisa Anne Weathers at 10:30 PM
I have been doing Jennie Allen's Discover God's Dream For You 14 day devotional on The Bible App.  She talks about what is holding is you back from your God-given dreams?  I have been asked that in other devotionals, but I have been mulling it over this time.  My answer has always been: Fear. 

I am a special education teacher, and when I write my students' IEPs they have to answer some questions for me.  Today, as I was writing several IEPs, two questions, stuck out.  I have asked students these questions for years, and have written the answer to these questions for years.  Today, I decided to answer these questions for myself.

What is your greatest dream?
What is your greatest fear?

It may seem silly that I didn't have answer for those questions, but I really hadn't thought about them, in along time.  Several years ago, I journaled about an idea.  It is a huge undertaking and it will take more than just me to fulfil this plan, so I figured it was too much and too big for me to accomplish. 

As I think and pray about these two questions, this huge undertaking keeps tumbling around in my mind.  Is this a God-given dream?  Possibly.  It is a dream of mine.  What is keeping me from trying to reach this dream?  Fear. Is my fear enough strong enough to keep me from reaching my dream?  If I allow it to be, yes, but if I pray to make sure my dream is God-given, put God first, trust Him, and patience, no matter how long it takes, my dream will come true. 

Ask yourself: What is your greatest dream?  Will keeps you from accomplishing your dream? If it is fear, with God, can you over come your fear and try to accomplish your dream?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Love All Teaching Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gift Idea